Sunday, November 08, 2015

~ More crochet goodness.... mint and nut holders...



Well I finally found some more oddities from the crochet world. I had showed these amazing little cozies off a couple years ago. I am always on the look out for the weird stuff. And I found some first cousins, to these crochet darlings. 


One set is in great shape... the other have been been used and have darken down a bit. But I bought them all for maybe six dollars. And I really wanted those two that look like a tea cup sitting on a petal flower base. So that meant buying them all. I am thinking these were made for small treats... nuts or mints holders to sit on a table to pretty it up. 


They were starched too when I got them.  And nothing makes me happier than the weird stuff. 


I did come across another set of these Hazel Atlas pink shakers. A girl can never have enough pink in the kitchen. Plus they have their matching lids. I love when the lids are original. I hate having to locate lids to fit these older shakers. 


So one little set of crochet cozies... has turned into me having crochet nut holders. 


2 comments:

janice15 said...

So sweet they are, I recently found some with a blue around the edges.. love them.. I'm hoping I can recopy the ones I found. thanks for sharing with love Janice

Kelli Davidson said...

My Nana used to make those! not with cotton thread but with the regular dacron kind. She made them a bit higher and they kept her sweet tea glasses less slippery for her and her lady friends who gathered on the front porch each evening, weather permitting. I actually still have some!