Sunday, October 25, 2015

~ Vintage goodness... Linens and creepy face flowers...


Now not only did I purchase all kinds of glassware in Minnesota. I came across some really lovely vintage linens. 


I had saw these great bird linens... in Cloquet at a antique store. Drove home. And ended up calling the store and purchasing them a week later. 


It is a really cute 3 piece set. With great stitching. In superb condition. 


Now along with these sweet birds... I also purchase from the same store... these really unique flower potholders.  With the uniquely disturbing faces on them.


I do love the weirdly creepy faces on these flowers.  I never walk away from the weird things. I love finding these odd baby face potholders. Though my favorite one is this one... bought back in 2013.

When I had originally saw this cottage design linen. I was puzzled about the design. 


Why is there a hole in the front of it. I spent a little time looking at old patterns on eBay hoping to find an answer. But nope. 


I have no idea what the purpose of it was... but I still bought it and had it shipped to me with the all the others.


Only if I could now figure out what the purpose of the hole in the cottage is all about. 

~ Let's go over and see what is 
happen at Thriftasaurus.... ~

6 comments:

JenGrosz said...

What a nifty collection, I love them all! I'm not sure about the hole in the house either, but I do have something similar that hangs in my laundry room. The lady that sold it to me said it was used to hold cloth hankies that needed cleaning. They placed them inside until washday. What a fun little mystery! Oh if we could only travel back in time to ask the lady who made it, ha!

ScrappyMama said...

My 1st thought was that the little cottage piece was a clothes pin holder, but I'm not sure how that would work. It looks like you had an amazing Treasure Hunting trip!!

Michelle said...

I have a hard time embroidering eyes that aren't somehow creepy.

Deanies Stash said...

The bird linens are so sweet!

Allison said...

Could it be just a holder for the pot holders? Like this one? http://www.sewingpatternheaven.com/shop/vintage-mail-order-sewing-pattern-bluebird-potholders-and-bird-house-holder-vintage-kitchen/

Diana Petrillo said...

Lovely linens--even the weirdly-faced flowered ones :) We'd love it if you'd link up at our new party, Vintage Charm. We open Thursdays at 8 am. Hope to see you there!
Adirondack Girl @ Heart