Monday, September 28, 2015

~ Vintage goodness... Shenango China in Gray...


Oh, how I adore my gray and pink ringed Shenango China. I have a huge collection of this pattern. It is my daily dinnerware. I have been collecting it, for right at 20 years. So yea... I have a few pieces of it in my kitchen cabinets. 

What I had not manage to find... is soup bowls. I had the small pink cups. But no legit size cereal bowl, size ones. 


As I am gleefully shopping at the Savers in Duluth... I saw of all things... some gray and white Shenango!  Woo hoo! 


Sitting all pretty on the shelf in the home wares, was this set of Shenango breakfast dishes. Two of each... breakfast plate, bowl and coffee cup. And nothing else.  I love the design on the edges of this set of dishes. And in the shopping cart they went. 


As if I needed to start in with a new design of restaurant china... I am hoping that I might have a easier time finding these bowls. They are such a pretty little gray trimmed bowl. And every time I come across the solid pink bowls I need (that are this shape/size) they are outrageously priced. So I figure after finding these cute gray trimmed ones... I will attempt to find me two more of them. I could be happy with four of them. Six would be better. But I could live with four.  :)


Added plus... is the new gray trimmed coffee cups... are the same size as my pinks ones! So they stack inside and did not require me finding space for them. They just sit on top of the pink cups in the cabinet. 


Even the gray trimmed plates, fit smoothly on top of my gray and pink plates. 

 

I do have cereal bowls trimmed out in the gray and pink rings. (top of picture by the Kromex canister) But I really did want the solid pink ones.... however I do love these gray trimmed bowls. Plus I got this set of Shenango breakfast dishes... for 6.00 at Savers! 

 ~~~~  I am really late to this link party... but Sir Thrift A lot has a new link party... and it starts on Sunday... Let's get that party packed again for him this weekend! If you have something new to show off... be sure to come list it for all us to see!!!  ~~~~

7 comments:

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Love your beautiful set of Shenango dishes. So pretty and great for everyday use. Amazing finding them at your savers!

CraveCute said...

Glad you enjoyed your time in Minnesota! Looks like you found some real gems!

Farm Girl Pink... said...

I loved Minnesota. It was just so pretty there, in September. Sadly, Texas is all burnt up looking this time of year.

I have such a sift spot for Shenango dinnerware. Especially when I get it cheap. I thought it was a really odd find. There were just those 6 pieces.

I had looked and the only Savers remotely near me... is in Austin. Which is at least 4 hours by car. Probably closer to 5 with all the traffic. So getting to visit the one in Duluth was a treat for me. I had already hit up several antique stores before I got to Savers. And kept on buying. ha! I am afraid if I did take that trip south to Austin. It won't be near as good as that store in Duluth.

I actually found more good things in Savers. I picked more vintage glass ware from their shelves, that I need to get photograph. :)

Farm Girl Pink... said...

crap! "Soft" spot ....

Thriftasaurus said...

What a lovely pastel collection - would you consider linking up to my new thrifting link up at http://thriftasaurus.blogspot.com Thanks!

Deanies Stash said...

These Shenango dishes are gorgeous. I can see why you use them! Great finds. We don't have Savers but it sounds like a fun place to shop.

Sharon @ Blue Willow House said...

I love dishes and your collection is lovely. here is a new vintage link party Vintage Charm starting up this coming week on Thursday October 15th at 8:00 AM EST and I would love for you to join at http://www.bluewillowhouse.com. Your links will be seen on four vintage blogs. Hope to see you there!