Tuesday, August 25, 2015

~ Living rooms... Kroehler Furniture...


When was the last time you saw a new couch... in amazing colors? With a wonderful texture? And quality made? Yea, its been awhile for me too. 

I love Kroehler furniture from the 1940's. I am very fond of my couch with a solid back. I am not a fan of the pillow back couches. Which always look like poo after a year of use. Because the pillows are all sad, dirty and lumpy looking. 


These older couches had such great lines. A nice solid looking piece of furniture with great arms. And sits up off the floor. 


When did it become a industry standard, to have your couch barely 6 inches off the ground, when seated on it. If my knees are higher than my butt when I am seated. I am not going to be happy. I am just not interested in sitting that low to the floor. Even the top of my bed, is a 34 inches from the floor. 

2 comments:

JenGrosz said...

That's a beautiful living room set! Although, I have to say I'd probably go with the grayish color rather than turquoise. I don't care for modern "puffy" couches either. Haha, "back when brown was not an option"...funny.

Farm Girl Pink... said...

I actually would take that bold turquoise or the pink fabric. Kroehler made some gorgeous rose/pink fabrics for their furniture. I just like pretty happy colors for a living room.

And yea... brown. Not now. Not ever. Am I going to have a brown couch. haha!

I tend to leave the wise ass label tags/statements, on the post when I using vintage alcohol ad's. But I really do find homes decorated in nothing but 50 shades of brown... depressing.

90% of the new construction in the north Texas area... the new homes are nothing but brown. From the roof... the siding.. the brick... the tile floors and kitchen back splashes... to those "hand scrapped" espresso color wood floors. Ugh.

I need a little turquoise. Maybe a nice green... anything but brown. :)