Wednesday, June 24, 2015

~ Vintage Jadeite Shaker set... Taste Rite Spices...

Currently for sale.... looking for a home... 

Once again, something odd and unique shows up on eBay. This is a great Jadeite shaker set of 9 jars. This set has black tin shaker lids. Some of these older style shakers also came with those black bakelite style lids too. Either way, this is not a common set of Jadeite shakers. 

This Jadeite set was sold with your spice of choice included.  An item that would have been stocked in your local grocery store. And the original silver labels are included, to make these so appealing to me. 

 Currently for sale... looking for a new home...

When I saw them originally listed at 19.99 opening price ... I knew things would be get interesting with the auction. They are already at 110.00 with three days to go!


3 comments:

Mecky said...

Those would be nice to have!! I only have one jadeite spice jar. It has a decorative tin lid.

Farm Girl Pink... said...

I love the fact that their labels have survived.

I have seen small jadeite spice shakers before... that were stocked in grocery stores. But these are a really nice size with their original lids!

(The replacement lids that are around... just don't fit correctly on these wonderful vintage shakers)

Roxanne said...

You've solved yet another mystery for me. I have one of these, just the one though. The label is illegible, but still enough to tell it was once gold.

Great post!