Tuesday, November 11, 2014

~ Vintage goodness - Chenille Bedspreads from Morgan Jones...

Ladies Home Journal - October 1948

These Morgan Jones chenille bedspreads are truly a gorgeous thing to have.  They also were makers of the hobnail style bedspreads too!


I have a couple of these bedspreads in my collection. Both of them are a pink base spread with white chenille or hobnails. 


These were really a nice quality linen. And really have held up over the years. But those old hobnail bedspreads weigh a ton. 

Now I rarely see the old bathroom rugs. Maybe once a year I will stumble across one at an antique mall. And those are pricey rugs, if I do see them. 


I recently saw a shower curtain that made me think of this advertisement. It is nice to see the chenille style of linens, still have a place in the market of new things to decorate your bathroom or bedroom with.

1 comment:

ThrifterSisters said...

I found two of these bedspreads in pink over the summer. I paid $3 for one and a whole dollar for the other. I love them!

Erica