Friday, October 17, 2014

~ Vintage Halloween... Pete Hawley style...


More from the Pete Hawley drawings from the Mid Century years. I am extremely fond of his work. This time these are from his Halloween collection. 
I remember these from my own childhood. My Mother had a set of three of these images, that she used for decorations for years. I bet if I ask her... she probably has them stashed somewhere in a closet.
These were all amazing. All great bold colors. And great images of monsters without being scary. 



2 comments:

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

His work is great. You should ask your Mom about them. How fun if she sfill has them!

Mandy Hawley said...

I am a member of the Hawley family. We have boxes of cards, sketches, photographs etc. of Pete Hawley's. Looking to sell individually or as a lot if anyone can pint the right person our way :) Thanks for supporting and loving his work! hawleypeeps@gmail.com