Sunday, September 28, 2014

~ Vintage Currier & Ives - American Field Sports...

Currier & Ives
American Field Sports
"Retrieving" 
1857

I have mention that I have a box filled with miscellaneous paper things. Odd and ends one will pick up at a random sale. Pretty paper things. Really it is ephemera for the most part. Just random paper. That someone else could not bring them self to throw it out. Has officially came home with you. Because it was too pretty to leave behind. We are all turning into hoarders!  : )


And I have a box packed with odd ephemera that I can not bring myself to toss out. So today I am sharing a couple vintage Currier and Ives cards I have from the "American Field Sports" set of prints. Look at those pretty puppies! 

Currier & Ives
American Field Sports
"A chance for both barrels" 
1857

I have a soft spot for hunting dogs. Though these are awfully pretty puppies in these prints. 



Most of the hunting dogs I see around my home are old coon dogs. Who do a lot of yelping. But do have incredible kind hearts. And like nothing more than to sleep the day off on the living room rug. 


2 comments:

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Enjoyed these photos. Our Doyle is a bird dog and nothing makes him happier than pointing and retrieving. Needless to say, I have a fondness for hunting dogs too. Most of the hunting dogs in our area are Beagles, who do a fair amount of howling. :)

Farm Girl Pink... said...

Oh, those yelping Coon Dogs are something else.

If there is only one around... they are quite as mouse.

But get two of them together... the yelping starts.