Monday, August 04, 2014

~ Vintage Jantzen.. the men swim suits...

~ it's you!  Jantzen Swim Suits... 

As I was looking through the many Jantzen advertisements of lady swim suits... I came across something amazing to me. Men swim trunks with lace cut out sides!



Oh my! I find this kinda of fashion forward for 1955 swim suits. Especially for men. 


~ it' you! Jantzen Swim Suits... 


And then I came across another advertisement for this nifty lace up side mens swim suit. This was in a Esquire Magazine (July 1955?). 


You tend to think of this time period being very conservative, in their clothes. But I be dang... that  grown men were walking around the lake, with a lace up Jantzen swim suit on!


But to be fair... Jantzen did have other designs to be purchased. Like that cammo style brief trunks... and the red checked suit with its little side button waist. So if your man was not manly enough to carry off those peek-a-boo side suits... there were others to choose.

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

Pretty snazzy trucks. When I was in high school, a class mate had a cut out heart in her suit.
Sheryl