Wednesday, July 16, 2014

~ Mid Century loving... kitchens...


I love this color photo. Which of course is from the Dick Van Dyke Show. Laura Petrie in her marvelous mid century kitchen. With its turquoise appliances!  I wish this show had been in color. It had to be covered in fabulous mid century furniture, in lots of colors.


This is another look at how amazing those turquoise appliances were in person. This time these are from Frigidaire's collection. And there is actual white wood cabinets in this kitchen. Plus the washer and dryer are set back in the laundry room. Not front and center of the actual kitchen. Which is a huge pet peeve of mine. Is not having a separate laundry room in these older homes.


1 comment:

Rosie said...

I had no idea the appliances were turquoise in the Petrie home! Years ago when I had an avocado-green fridge, I painted it (with a roller!) that same shade of turquoise. It stood up to the wear and tear of three kids and never scratched! :)