Sunday, February 16, 2014

~ Kraft Swanky Swigs... the juice glasses...

As I keep looking for the older advertisements for vintage glassware I collect, I keep coming across amazing things in Pinterest. 


This time I have locate a nice set of vintage Kraft Cheese Spreads advertisements. Which of course brought to the masses the Swanky Swigs juice glasses!


And to be honest. These were all over the place for decades. They were made with a nice weight of glass. So they could take a little knocking around. Many survive to this day. Easy to still collect and normally there is at least a dozen of them in any local antique mall. So you can build a nice set of them for daily use. 


I will mention. I have used the red and blue floral ones for candle burning. They are the perfect diameter for those small votives candles.


I do wish I had made a better effort to set a matching set of 8 of them collected. I have lots of doubles. And it never has bugged me to mix and match my drinking glasses on my table. Though it does bug my Mother. 


I wish Kraft would start a new line of collector glass ware decorate with flowers. I just might buy their cheese in a glass jar if there were flowers involved. :) 

But granted I tend to by my pimento cheese in that big plastic container. Oh my goodness... there is no better pimento cheese than that tub from Price's.

Anywho.... I was just thinking how much I still love the same things I was buying back years ago. I never get bored with the drinking glasses with the color prints on them. 




3 comments:

ThrifterSisters said...

I cannot quit buying vintage drinking glasses. I'm addicted!! If they are pink or turquoise, then you should pretty much bet they will be coming home with me :-)

~Erica

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

These really are fun. I used to pick them up when they were plentiful and cheap....they're neither anymore.

Thanks for the share.

Farm Girl Pink... said...

I have to agree on them not being cheap to buy. Unless it is at some really random garage sale.

The local flea markets... they are outrageously priced.

But they are one of the few vintage glassware items, that have always been plentiful here.

Maybe it has to do with Kraft having a huge presence here, in the grocery stores, for decades.