Sunday, April 07, 2013

~ All cleaned up! The Pyrex Butterprint ....

After a long soak and a lot of scrubbing... the Pyrex Butterprint refrigerator dish... has greatly improved its curb appeal.  Though not all of the old baked on burnt stuff is completely off that lid!

Lets take a quick peek of the before the scrubbing....


And now.... 
That Pyrex lid proved to be a challenge. But I stopped working on it when the joint in my thumb started to throb. :)  

I did use my standard cleaning items to work with... 
My favorite pair of Playtex lilac gloves, Bar Keepers Friend... and a box of baking soda. Along with a few toothpicks and toothbrush with really stiff bristles.  

And the most important part of the cleaning family... that Mr. Clean Magic Eraser sponge. I love these magic erasers and keep a couple boxes on hand. I never know when the mood will strike me to attempt an ugly cleaning project. But I know I will want these sponges. 

Anywho... the Pyrex dish turned out really nice. While I was scrubbing away on it. I got to thinking about how I had used the Magic Erasers for another project. That I never got around to posting about. 

I have issues with hard water stains on my Hazel Atlas drinking glasses. More common to my vintage glasses. Which causes an awful cloudy look to the inside of the glasses. 

Well I used the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and the Bar Keepers Friend... and manage to remove maybe 85% of that cloudiness. 
You can see the glass on the left... still has a little of the cloudiness in the bottom of the glass. (I turned it upside down for viewing) But these are greatly improved from where they were. 
If I get the time... I am going to go back and see if I can get them completely free of those hard water stains. Yet, I am thrilled with how much I manage to remove with using the sponges and the Bars Keeper Friend...
Lets take one more look at that Pyrex Betterprint dish... all cleaned up. 
Hanging out with a couple pieces of my Ekco blue cornflower cooking utensils... 
I really do love the turquoise more as time goes on... and I swear I am not collecting that cornflower stuff! It just keeps on following me home.

Be sure to check out all the wonderful things at... 



3 comments:

Misty Meadows said...

Wow! That really worked. I have several pieces of pyrex in this pattern. Love them!

Kathy Shea Mormino, The Chicken Chick said...

Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino

The Chicken Chick

http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

The Sunshine Grove said...

Love the aqua glasses! I love finding a used piece of Pyrex and cleaning up at home so it looks like new.