Monday, March 04, 2013

~ Let's look at some Yellow and Green goodness!

I will always love my yellow and green kitchen items. Even though I have went over to the pink side... my first love was vintage kitchen wares in yellow and green.
The spice rack was found by my Mother. Many... many... years ago. And was a gift to me. And I have always kept it on display ever since I received it.
Besides being my favorite shade of yellow... it does have a pink flower on it too!

I was digging through my box of vintage utensils... and pulled a couple out that were from that time period... of me buying the yellow and green kitchen wares. 
The melon baller... is okay shape. The paint has started to peel. A nice display piece.... but not one I would use. Mostly cause I fear more paint of chipping off. 
Now I have a meat fork. Which has a lot of paint loss. Again I don't use the ones that have chipping paint. I keep them wrapped in tissue and stored. 
Now this little beauty.... is still being used by me. This is my yellow cheese slicer. Which has really held up over the decades.
I still enjoy seeing a nice bright yellow kitchen. Too bad there are not more of them. Too many brown kitchens now a days... 
And one last peek at my favorite spice rack.... :)

Now lets go look at some great weekly finds at....
~Apron Thrift Girl!



6 comments:

Connie said...

Your spice rack is delightful and I am a lover of old kitchen tools. There is something about using
an old tool or an old mixing bowl that just makes cooking so much
more fun :)
Connie :)

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Love your cheerful spice rack, with the sweet pink flowers!

Marium said...

Love the yellow tools - do you know what decade they are from?

Farm Girl Pink... said...

I suspect the wooden handle utensils date from the 1930's to the 1950's. (But I have never seen a ID book to give a solid answer to the time period.)

Sometime during the 50's the Melamine/plastic style handle... utensils... invaded the market.

Ana from Sweet Serendipity said...

GREAT find. So beautiful!!

Shaunta Alburger said...

Yellow was my mother's signature color, and I've found that I can't resist anything in that color. Especially kitchen stuff!