Sunday, March 03, 2013

~ Delphite blue... the Jeannette measuring cups!

How about a little love from the Delphite Blue? This gorgeous turquoise blue was produced by the Jeannette glass company. Whom also is the makers of my Jennyware, that I am obsessed with. :) 

This is the two cup measuring cup. That has the daisy flower embossed into the bottom of the cup.
Since I have now gotten three of the individual Delphite measuring cups... I decided to show them off too.
I am missing the half cup. But I have the all important one cup with the pour spout! So things are looking up. 
The Delphite Blue has always been pricey. Very pricey. I realize short of a miracle... I will not ever own the canisters, that match this set of blue kitchen glass. But it does not stop me from wanting them. :) 
I have shown them before.... but I have this set of measuring cups.... mint in the box. In Jadeite green. 
But I hold onto no illusions, that I will be able to purchase the Delphite blue ones in the box. So I am slowly working on finishing out the loose set of measuring cups instead. 

One last item... I have in this turquoise shade of Delphite blue.... the Stacy Marie miniature mixing bowls.
And these match so well! Even the quality of the glass is just as nice. 

But these little mixing bowls... have come somewhat difficult to purchase. At one time they were all over eBay. Sadly, that is not the case anymore.

Be sure to take a peek at all the weekly finds at....
~Sir Thrift A Lot's!

Then hop over and check out all the fun stuff at.... 
~The Clever Chick's!


7 comments:

VintageBettys said...

They are so pretty! I love them...I want them in the blue to :)

Paulette said...

They are wonderful. I have never seen Jeannette green or blue in any of my thrift stores. Great find

ThrifterSisters said...

There is a guy at the flea market with an entire table full of Jadite & Delphite. I know that these things can be expensive but I am pretty sure he thinks his pieces are made of gold!

I always get so sad every time I have to walk away empty handed.

Erica

ColibriNB said...

I'm with Paulette - these are truly wonderful. I'd love to find any one of those around here!

Mecky said...

What a great collection!

Farm Girl Pink... said...

I have never seen it priced fairly at any flea market or antique mall/store.

Sadly, it has always been grossly over priced. Which has never made sense to me... because most of it is not rare.

The only delphite that I have not seen a lot of... is the canisters with the screw on lids.

And those blue canisters can be priced at minimum of 450.00 each!

Which is why, I will never have a set of them. :)

Kathy Shea Mormino said...

Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


Cheers,
Kathy Shea Mormino

The Chicken Chick

http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com