Friday, February 01, 2013

~ Pink Crochet cuteness! ~Vintage glass cozies....

So what exactly are those crochet things.... on the bottom of the drinking glasses? Well they are glass cozies. Which seems to have been put into use, once upon a time, when ladies played bridge. 
These were design to keep the glasses from sweating onto the table. And to help keep water away from the cards. I am using one of my sets of Hazel Atlas glasses for the models of these cozies.
Oh, to be a lady who lounges in the afternoon playing bridge and having a nice cocktail. While gossiping over a hand of cards. What happen to those days?! 
I think an afternoon cocktail would really take the edge off most of my days. :)
Now to keep things interesting.... I only have three of them. And this was my first time seeing them in person to purchase. So I went ahead and bought them... even if there was only the three. 
Plus they look so cute with the Hazel Atlas glasses, that I will not obsess about needing the fourth one to make a set.... maybe.  But I did get to use my Anchor Hocking pink ball pitcher to show them off with!
I do love that pink ball pitcher!
 
Be sure to check out all the great pink stuff....
~Pink Saturdays!

Then pop over to see all the thrifty finds at
 ~Sir Thrift A Lot!

9 comments:

Pyrex Junkie said...

How great is that! That is a really good idea, and so lady like!

DearHelenHartman said...

I love every last thing you've shown off today. I never thought about cozies being a part of card playing to protect the cards, that makes So much sense why a cozie over a coaster. Happy Pink Saturday.

J Rye said...

Those are lovely!

Please come and peek at my PINK.
Your comment is always a joy to read.

Farm Girl Pink... said...

I do love the quirkiness of the glass cozies too... over using a coaster. It seems like I have a pot holder somewhere, that has the same design to it... that I like to compare to these.

Then again all the pink crochet stuff seems to all look alike to me at this point to. :)

L'Heure Bleue At Home said...

I've never seen a pink ball pitcher before and yours is so cute!

Annesphamily said...

Love your pitcher! Those cozies are so cute! AH the good ole days when life was simple! Too much political chaos today even at the Super Bowl!
HPS and thanks for sharing! Have a great week!

Susan Clayton said...

Lovely items to enjoy drooling over and learning about. So glad I found your blog thanks to Pink Saturday!

✿Carol✿ said...

Love the glasses, love the pitcher, LOVE the cozies!

Melissa said...

The crocheted cozies are adorable and they look so nice on your glasses. Cute display!