Friday, January 25, 2013

~ Ekco Pink Utensils....

Oh, how I would love more of these vintage pink Ekco utensils. But they are never cheap when I stumble upon them. And that stops me from buying the few, I occasionally run across in the antique malls. I refuse to pay 20.00 for a pink spatula. No matter how much I love it.
These were purchased years ago. I bought them from a estate sale. And this was all that was there. These two lonely pieces. The ladle and knife. I do use the ladle constantly.
But to be fair.... these solid color handle Ecko utensils are pricey in any color. I recently saw a set of turquoise. That had eight pieces. A loose set of 8. In wonderful condition. Their cost listed on the tag.... $95.00  For eight utensils. As much as I wanted to buy them. It wasn't going to happen, for that kind of cash. But it did not stop me from truly wanting them.
I actually have three pieces of the painted wood, pink Ekco utensils. But for the life of me I have no idea where I put the potato masher. I swore it was in the cabinet above my refrigerator. But nope, not there.
But I was able to locate my potato peeler! These are in decent shape. With minimal wear to the pink, black and gray paint.
I have always used this solid pink handle one for slicing carrots. When I make soup... I like to have pretty carrots sliced up in it. But to be honest I am not sure what the original intent for it, would have been. But the paint on it, is in great shape.
Now I never ever... put any of the painted wood handle Ekco's in the dishwasher. I use them and then promptly wash them and dry them off. So the paint has held up over the years.

Be sure to take a peek at all the wonderful pink things at....
~Pink Saturdays!

14 comments:

Jeanne said...

Hi Country Girl, I too love the pink handled utensils. They are not very common though. You are so lucky to have a small collection of them. Any Pinky would love to have a collection and that includes me. Keep looking...you might get lucky. I'm afraid the high prices would discourage me too.

Happy Pink Sat.
xo, Jeanne

ThrifterSisters said...

I found the knife at a St. Vincent De Paul near my house recently for a quarter. I haven't found any other utencils since. I use it for frosting cakes. Its perfect!

Erica

Donna said...

Very pretty pink utensils.
D

LV said...

You have some of the nicest vintage utensils in pink. I will have to keep an out for them. At my age, I never look at things like that anymore.

DearHelenHartman said...

Those are so sweet they make me almost want to cook. Almost. Perfectly pink for a HPS!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

I don't think I've ever seen pink. I do have a few of the green (remember Martha Stewart green?) the pink is so sweet !
Hope you find some that are more reasonable.

Tanya Rachelle said...

Sweet & Fun! Great finds! Thanks for showing them to us.
~Tanya

**CREATIVE CARMELINA** said...

I really enjoyed your Pink Saturday post this week!
Thanks so much for sharing.

I'm hosting a PINK THEMED giveaway, and I would love it if you stopped by and entered your comment for a chance to win some handmade items.
Hope to see you there!


Ciao bella.
Creative Carmelina

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

You gave me an idea. Guess who's going to paint the plain wood handle of her potato masher tomorrow? Me, me, me!!!

Tami Von Zalez said...

Wow, who'd thunk those types of utensils would command such a high price - I sure like your pink ones tho.

Popped in from Pink Saturday.

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

Jenny's Heart said...

Such a special collection!
HPS!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Oh, those are just great! I have some vintage Ekco utensils, but no pink! What a cool collection you have. :)

Farm Girl Pink... said...

I bet no one ever walks away from these now. :)

I really do want to have a full collection of these Ekco with the pink plastic handles. But I choke on the prices I see them for at the antique mall.

But I continue to search estate/garage sales for them. Hoping to stumble upon more of them.

Mrs. Sarah Coller said...

So pretty! I can't wait for the estate sales to start up again so I can go treasure hunting!

I'd love for you to link up with my Homemaking Link-Up Weekend, if you're interested!

HaPpY pInK sAtUrDaY!
Mrs. Sarah Coller