Thursday, December 06, 2012

~ Tipp Shakers - Lady with watering can....

As much as I tried. I can not figure out why my flash, would not work correctly for me. And I did not even notice it till I had already put these back up... so get prepared for some less than quality photo's. :)
I have briefly shown these before. They reside on a very high shelf... that requires help with getting down.  Simply cause I am a little clumsy. And climbing the ladder and handling glass does not go together.  So with help... I got them down.
Now to explain what these wonderful girls are. They are referred to as "Tipp Shakers" or "Tipp City Shakers". (The glass shakers were technically made by McKee.)
This set if referred to as "lady with watering can". And this is the grease jar with its lid. Now I tend to believe that these probably started off with red lids. With the red metal shaker rack. But was painted at some point. I purchased it already painted black.
I only have the 4 spice jar set. With the standard salt, pepper, sugar and flour shakers. But there were many more spices to buy.
There were oodles of designs to be found on these glass shakers. I am fond of the ones with the tulips.
I just adore these girls. And I keep hoping to come across them in my adventures. I like to have a couple more sets. But the prices on eBay... are a little scary. Then to have to add on postage. Stops me from actually buying any of them. Yet, I still obsess about them. :) 

I also obsessed a little this week, about my most view post here, @ Farm Girl Pink too!


And to see the best of thrifty finds this week go to ....
 ~Sir Thrift A Lot's!


Then be sure to look at all the great red stuff at 
~It's a very Cherry World!

3 comments:

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Your shakers are so darling! I've never seen anything like that before, thank you so much for sharing them with us. Happy hunting for more for your collection!

Sir Thrift-A-Lot said...

I agree with Sally Annie - absolutely darling. I've never seen this set before.

ColibriNB said...

This design is so sweet !