Sunday, December 30, 2012

~ Pretty linen's... potholders, quilts, aprons... from my adventures in 2012...

This was a really good year for me with finding pretty things. Starting with this vintage pink chenille full size bedspread.
Picture here with my favorite quilt with the pink blocks.
I also purchased this quilt. Which is filled with real cotton, straight from the fields. Not process cotton. And it is heavy. This quilt has came in extremely handy, with how cold it got in Texas here in the last week. We are actually having a week worth of real winter weather. Including 4 inches of snow at my home! 

For those who have never visited North Texas.... it rarely... if ever, snows here. And the week before Christmas it had been in the upper 70's. When it should have been in the mid 50's. Summer simply would not die!

So on Christmas day... around 1pm... it came a gorgeous snow storm. And it actually stuck around for two days before melting all away. But the frigid cold has hung on. Honestly, I am delighted with the cold. The heat had over stayed its welcome.

Moving on....
The pink floral that is nearly in the back ground of all my pictures... was also purchased this year. It is a divine piece of vintage cotton. Which I had my Mother wash for me, to make sure I did not do any harm to it. It is folded in half here in the picture. And I still think it has a future of being a set of kitchen curtains. :)
I love this lilac apron.... it also made me realize that these were not intended for girls who were over 5'6. (I am much taller than that!)
These were vintage linen handkerchief's made into hot pot, place-mats.
These are vintage potholders trimmed in pale blue... with a tomato and cabbage... and a yellow pepper... never used. And I still have not placed them into rotation for kitchen use. 

I still tend to hold back the really crisp potholders for displaying/hoarding. :)
And the sweet pigs. Made from cutter quilts. These are in rotation.
So sweet! I wish I had purchased another set of these when I had the chance. Love them!
These are also in daily use rotation too.... 

This one is not. Even with her stains, that I was not able to remove. Her stitching is still great and the colors are bright. So I am hoarding her to my never use pile too! 

Yet, I do rotate the never use pot holders, as decorations on my kitchen wall behind my sink.  So I show them off. I just don't want anyone to use them.... :) 




1 comment:

ThrifterSisters said...

That quilt and chenille bedspread are absolutely amazing! I have several vintage chenille bedspreads but no quilts (yet!). They look soooo cozy. Keep the vintage goodness coming:-)

Erica