Sunday, December 02, 2012

~ McKee Jadeite Grease bowl...

This is my new addition to my McKee family of glass... its their jadeite grease bowl. This is the version that does not have a place for a label. And it is in wonderful shape.
The bowl and lid are nearly flawless. I am always so excited to come across this jadeite in good shape. It used to be really plentiful and easy to buy. But as time goes on... it is getting harder to find in the wild.
And I used some of my favorite pot holders.... for these pictures.
I have shown these off before. They are the pig potholders, made from old cutter quilts.

Be sure to look at all the wonderful finds from this week at ~Sir Thrift A lot!

And then check out all the weekly finds at ~Apron Thrift Girl!

5 comments:

Sir Thrift-A-Lot said...

Very nice!

I have never seen Jadeite in the wild, besides at antique markets & it's not even plentiful there.

Hello Vintage said...

Ohh, gorgeous!

ThrifterSisters said...

I love McKee but don't see a whole lot of it out there, especially in the Jadeite. That grease bowl is amazing.

Happy Holidays,

Erica

Heather@Tatter and Fray said...

What an incredible find! (Says the drooling, envious jadeite collector! :)

Sabra Awlad Issa said...

We never see any Jadeite around here, but it looks so pretty from the pictures I've seen. Lovely find!