Tuesday, December 18, 2012

~Linen pillow cases.... more for the vintage collection...

As always, I can not stop myself from buying these vintage pillow cases. Especially the ones with the pretty needle work. 
I wish I had the crafty gene, for being able to hand embroidery and have it turn out so nice. I love the tiny pink and purple flowers on this pillow case...
What I was puzzled by, was these pillow cases were identical, with the same green border. But the designs were different, yet obviously done by the same crafter. I am using them as a pair... and these pillow cases are made from that wonderful vintage heavy white cotton fabric, that feels incredible against your face. They feel like 500 thread count cotton.
And they washed up so well. But that does not stop me from pressing them with the iron. I have some weirdo fascination, with always ironing my pillow cases. I could care less about wrinkles on the sheets. But I can't stand to have wrinkles on my pillow cases.
I bet you are wondering about that glorious lilac rose pillow case.... well its new too! I have it and another one to talk about later....

2 comments:

Cactusneedle said...

Just found your blog thru Coloradolady and love it! Those pillowcases are lovely. I collect vintage hand embroidered fingertip towels. I just love the hand-done items from yesteryear!

Farm Girl Pink... said...

I love the handiwork of embroidery. Which I have no talent for... but I normally can repair small things.

But I have no talent for doing a large item. So I buy them instead. :)