Sunday, December 16, 2012

~Hazel Atlas... criss cross pattern in Green!

Such a beautiful set of depression glass! This is the refrigerator dishes made by Hazel Atlas, in their criss cross pattern.
Which I still can not figure out how to photograph this gorgeous green depression glass and have it look as pretty as it is in person.
I have tried to use different lighting. But nothing helps. I just have no clue how to get the wonderful green glass to look accurate in photo's.
I looked for the couple of pieces of I have of this in cobalt blue... and could not put my hands on them. I have two of the small squares in this pattern somewhere buried in my kitchen. I tend to use these pieces for parties. Mostly to serve dips in.
But while digging for one thing... I stumble upon something I forgot I had... charming brandy glasses from Anchor Hocking. I am thinking this pattern was simply called Rings. It is depression glass. And this pattern seems to be popular with the girls who collect Fiesta ware. With the primary color rings matching so well to those early Fiesta colors. There were lots of drinking accessories pieces for this pattern. Ice buckets, pitchers, decanters and drinking glasses.... just really cute things.

And new this week... Thrifty finds at ~Colorado Lady!

Be sure to check out all the weekly finds at ~Sir Thrift A Lots!

4 comments:

Jill said...

The green is very pretty - you have so many nice dishes!

Sir Thrift-A-Lot said...

It is a very nice green. I saw them at an antique market not to long ago.

Heather@Tatter and Fray said...

Ooh I loooove those green glass pieces! So pretty!

bj said...

Love the green so much.
over from Colorado Lady..