Monday, March 12, 2012

The Pink Sunbeam can opener.... fresh from the 1960's.....

What a dazzling piece of Sunbeam history.  This is their vintage pink can opener. My goodness isn't she lovely. I suspect she is from the early 1960's. And she has a new home with me!
My pink girl is in perfect working order. She will still open that can for you.
She was a little dusty. But for the most part not in bad shape. Looked like she had been boxed up for the last couple decades.
The cord can be pushed up into the center console... which is what I have done. Then the actual plug in, that is still left out... I taped it down to the back panel. Now I just plan on displaying her, not using her mechanically. I am always a little spooked about old electric appliances being left plugged in.

So lets have one more peek at her... in all her glorious pinkness!
You must fully realize I now want a turquoise one. Because you know Sunbeam made one!

Be sure to take a peek at all the great finds at ~Apron Thrift Girl!     

8 comments:

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Perfect! I'm sure she'll enjoy her new home! :)

lady liquor vintage. said...

Ahh, so pretty! I'm on a mission to find one for myself now!

Catherine, XO.

Stephanie said...

so cute! I just got an ironing board with a turquoise metal top and I keep looking at it. :)

Jill said...

I LOVE your can opener!!!

Nells Vintage House said...

Best. Can Opener. Ever!

Stephanie said...

Never thought a can opener could be pretty but she is.

Thrift Shopper for Peace said...

wow. that is gorgeous. i'd actually use it. you don't have to leave it plugged in - just plug it in when you need it. so cool!

Blessy @ Stellar Tatter said...

I love this can opener! So pink and feminine. Very nice!