Tuesday, February 21, 2012

~Vintage aprons.... and some pink Pyrex!

Well lookie there! I have a new duplicate! I can not explain how stunned I was to see this charming gooseberry pink Pyrex bowl. I showed up after lunch, for a local sale. And there she was... just sitting by herself.
I quietly scooped her up. I briefly glanced at the price and it said 9.99! A bit pricey for a small random garage sale. I also purchased a couple of sweet aprons.
I swear I can not figure out how to photograph these.... but here are some close up of the wonderful material....
They were both still nice and bright. There are a couple of odd stains on the one with the blue/purple/green trim. But nothing heinous.

Ohhhh and the gooseberry pink Pyrex bowl with its lid... it wasn't 9.99
It was .99 and I did not even realize it till I was paying to leave and the lady told me I owed her two dollars. I got the aprons and the bowl for two dollars! 

I fully realize that I won't be finding anymore cheap pink Pyrex. And I was willing to pay 9.99 for the bowl.  Now here is a nice group shot with the new duplicate gooseberry bowl....
So all I need to do is find me some cheap turquoise Pyrex!

Be sure to check out all the cool finds on ~Apron Thrift Girl!

10 comments:

Liz said...

Lovely bowls - like the aprons too!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Oh sweet! Love your vintage Pyrex and your aprons. Aren't those old fabrics just the best.

Paulette said...

Love, love, love the pink bowls.

spymay said...

Girl, you should've bought a lottery ticket after you left the sale because it was your lucky day!

Heidi@TheMerryMagpieVintage.com said...

Pink Pyrex--those are two sweet words together, aren't they? And even better when you find one for less than a buck!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Very lucky find indeed. I love the pink Pyrex.

Sharon said...

Pink gooseberry is one of my favorites, but even in my dreams it's not .99! Yea for you. I passed up three butterprint mixing bowls for $9.99 recently, because they were all white with turquoise, and I was trying to be good and only buy what I really want, which would be turquoise with white. I'm still kicking myself.

SixBalloons said...

Wow, great deal on the Pyrex! I've never come upon Gooseberry in the wild...

Farm Girl Pink... said...

The only time I have seen any turquoise Pyrex... is at the antique malls. And it is way overpriced.

I am not against paying a fair price for it from a dealer.

But the prices are ridiculous for Pyrex... locally.

And the one sole piece of Pyrex with turquoise on it that I do own... was found by my Mother.

I have been hitting all 3 local Goodwill's for the last 2 months. At least 2 a week. And I have yet to see one piece of Pyrex at any of them.

Mary said...

Lovely Pyrex and vintage aprons! I see you have a black kitty, too =^.^=