Monday, February 13, 2012

Tiny green mixing bowls....

It was maybe 6-7 years ago. I started to see these miniature mixing bowl sets in all kinds of colors showing up for sale. I have now purchased a green set! 

They are a wonderful knock off color, that was a popular green shade from the depression era. The quality of the glass is wonderful. They have a really nice smooth feel. I believe Hazel Atlas was the original maker of these bowls. The lovely green ones I have here, are reproductions.
I have seen them reference as measuring bowls. But I purchase them because they were cute! I will mention that on the bottom of the bowls is the name "Stacy Marie" embossed into the glass. And I have not seen these bowls without that name on the bottom. 

Did I mention these little bowls come in many colors?! I sense a new collection starting... 
 

Be sure to check out all the cool finds from last week at ~Apron Thrift Girl!

4 comments:

Hello Vintage said...

They are fantastic and I thought they were Depression when I first saw them. Love them.

Liz said...

Unusual colour - lovely!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Pretty green! Love them! I'm your newest follower! hugs, Linda

Farm Girl Pink... said...

Allegedly, these style of miniature mixing bowls were made during those depression years. I have never seen the actual vintage ones. Ever.

But I have notice the newer sets popping up in the local antique malls. And I bought another set this week! In a new color. :)

I will post about them sometime this weekend. But I can't find out exactly how many colors they were re-issued in...