Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Red in the Kitchen....

Oh, the Red Ships. So many great things were made using these sweet ships. This charming butter dish for one.... and of course the shakers...
And then the measuring cup....
And I have purchased a few of them over the years. Most of them ended up with my Mother. She was on a kick at one point of decorating with them and the windmills.
So I kept buying them. Which means I ended up with duplicates in my own collection.
But sadly, the Red Ships never held my attention like the Red Dots did... 
 Oh, how I love my Dots!

Be sure to see all the wonderful red things at ~It's a Cherry World

Then roam on over to Hating Martha to see all the other fun things from this week...

(The red ship glassware.... were made by McKee)

11 comments:

D said...

Hi, I'm a sucker for dots, too, ESPECIALLY if they are red. :)

D

Mecky said...

I love the red dots.

Hello Vintage said...

You find/have the best stuff. Sherry :)

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Yup! There's just something about those dots!

SharonLou said...

The red dots are by far my favorite!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Visting from Rednesday. Love your blog, & your vintage kitchen items are wonderful! I'm a Pyrex fan myself and recently joined the Pyrex Collective III. I'm your newest follower.

Sarah~Magnolia Surprise said...

I must confess, I love the windmill best! Ever since visiting Holland when I was a teenager, I have loved windmills!
I'd love to come across something with the sailing ship design on it too!

~~Carol~~ said...

One day, I too will have at least one dotty piece! It's something I've always wanted, but never found at "my price". Love all of your kitchen goodies!
Happy REDnesday,
Carol

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Love your vintage reds!

Jill said...

Who made the sailboat dishes?

Farm Girl Pink... said...

The red ships were made by McKee.

(I didn't realize I had not ID them in the post.)