Saturday, February 25, 2012

More Jeannette depression glass.... ~Doric

Like all good collectors.... I have a depression glass pattern I have collected since the 1980's. The name of the pattern is "Doric" and was produced by the Jeannette glass company. Between the years of 1935-1938. And I have myself a place setting for 8. Today I am showing you the harder to find pieces of the pattern.... Like the tumblers...
I started collecting Doric, because it was just a amazing shade of green. When you see it in good natural light... it just glows. Lots of curb appeal. Plus I was not interested in collecting one of the depression pattens covered in flowers. I like the clean simple lines of this pattern. Yet, sadly it is prone to flea bites... (tiny nicks on the edges of the straight line pattern)
Yet, I still suck at taking pictures. I have tried, twice, to get better images of it. And failing both times.
This pattern was also produced in a wonderful pink shade. But I never bought any of it. The green was plentiful and I stuck to just buying the green.
I do use the covered sugar bowl and the covered butter dish... as candy jars on my end tables.
But make no mistake about it. I am not fond of anyone touching them. haha! And I would sh*t myself if they ever got broke.  So I keep watermelon Jolly Rancher, wrapped candies, sitting in a one of those pink rose ash trays for guest to take candy from...
So my lovely green Doric covered dishes, don't get handle much.

5 comments:

ThrifterSisters said...

I have never come across any other bloggers that collect the Jeannette Doric pattern. This is also the pattern that I collect. A few months ago, I went to an estate sale down the road from my house and the nice old man there was selling some of his late wife's Doric and that's where my collection began. My collection is in pink which seems to be a little hard to find.

cindy said...

I;m on the lookout for the blue pattern. I never knew what they name of the collection. Now, maybe I’ll be able to find the print a little easier.

Cindy

Liz said...

Lovely - great shade of green. I wouldn't want anyone else touching them either!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Bethanie Duchemin said...

If you ever come across another butter dish let me know! I have a lid in my husbands grandmothers set but the base is missing

Jackie Duncan said...

My Grandmother left me her creamer, sugar bowl and another dish (which sadly got broken) and I have been searching to find about about this pattern and looking for more pieces to go with my set. I too, love the simplicity of this design. Thanks for sharing and now I know what the name of it is, and can do more searching.