Thursday, February 09, 2012

~Lucent - Morning Song Melmac plates....

I love the internet. I am always amazed by the answers I come across. Especially when it is a complete surprise.

The plate above is part of a set of 2. I have two of these sweet plates. And I have been using them as serving plates, forever. Every holiday party I attend these are the plates I tend to use. They are gorgeous... but that is not the best part. 

They are made of melmac. Which makes traveling with them so easy. 

They are sturdy. Can take a trip through the dishwasher and not fade.
I had never knew the name of the patten of them. I knew the manufacturer was Lucent. But without a pattern name it gets a little interesting trying to build a set.

As I was reading through the sites I follow... I saw a new post to Retro Chalet....

So as I click around looking at pictures I came across this.... my pattern in Blue... and with a name!
So as of today... I finally know the name of these Melmac plate... it is Morning Song by Lucent! Now I hope there are more pieces to find.... like some bowls. I would love some matching bowls!

Be sure to check out all the wonderful things at Pink Saturday!

13 comments:

Shel said...

Very pretty! Happy Pink Saturday and Valentines!
Shel

Lorraine said...

Very sweet! Great find! Thanks for sharing. Happy Valentine Pink Saturday!! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

Marti McClure said...

It's like a treasure hunt when we find the answer we are looking for on the internet. Good job! The plates are beautiful. Happy Valentines Day and Happy Pink Saturday. ~Marti

Aledia said...

So very pretty and pink!! I'm your newest follower :)

Happy Valentines Day!

Aledia

Trisha said...

Oh my goodness! We had 2 of these plates when I was little! My mom said that my grandpa had given them to my grandma for an anniversary gift one year. I had completely forgotten about them and when I saw your pictures images of our plates rushed back to me. Thanks so much for the great memories!

~Trisha

Georgie Horn said...

What a lovely set of plates and an inspirational story.

1CardCreator said...

Wow, these are gorgeous and so durable too! So glad I saw you at Beverly's Pink Saturday. ~Diane (I am #16)

The Tablescaper said...

They sure don't look like melmac. Why don't you link your post to Seasonal Sundays?

- The Tablescaper

Mari said...

Ohhhh these are sooo pretty, I just love them....
Wishing you a very happy Valentines Day....

Smiles~
Mari

Lisa Balazs said...

I love your plates! I do a lot of hunting on the internet too, so glad you found them. Happy Pink Saturday and Valetine's Day.

Hugs, LisaKay
Belles Roses Romantiques

Kelly Russell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kelly Russell said...

Hello I found 4 plates and 3 salad plates of this pattern at a good will store and I would like you tell me what they are worth and how hard it is to find more of them. I just have had no luck finding any on the internet. Thank-you Kelly

Farm Girl Pink... said...

Hi Kelly,

Oddly enough I only recently... in the last year or so... found a name for them. I have had my two plates since the mid-1990's.

I have notice that the melmac dishes values are all over the place. The only melmac items that seem to keep a standard value, are those melmac confetti mixing bowls.

Apparently, only the Morning Song plates (dinner and bread) have the lovely design on them. The bowls and cups are just a plain pale pink. So I really have no good idea what kind of value they would hold.