Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Lots of red goodness....

I had mention over the weekend I had came across some older linens in my adventures last week. I purchased a few crochet potholders and some other misc vintage linens. This would be the only red item that I saw... and she came home with me. 

This little potholder is a ladies hat. I attempted to show off the design. But my picture is lacking depth to really show it off properly. 
I would like to wash this red potholder... but I am always fearful that the red will fade. And this is still a nice vibrant red. So I am going to let it be for now.
I also brought these pretty candle stick holders. The roses are still in wonderful shape. I didn't see any nicks in the roses and the color is such a good true red.
And the tiny bud in back is painted pink with red tips.
These are older Japan made (china) candle stick holders. So the glass has a really nice finish.
And it was such a good find to match up with the lovely red pot holder. 

Be sure to look at all of the stunning red finds this week at ~It's a Very Cherry World!

11 comments:

LV said...

I think you did very well on your red finds. That is a cute pot holder. Maybe if you wash it, use cold water.

Sarah ~ Magnolia's Attic said...

Can you imagine ever using that cute hat as a potholder?!! It needs a special place to call home!
Lovely reds!

Mecky said...

Great reds!!!

mary said...

Beautiful!

Mary, MI

~~Carol~~ said...

I think everyone should have at least one of those crocheted potholders in their kitchen! My Grandma always had some, and so did my Mom, and they just seem to add a cozy feeling to a kitchen, don't you think?
Happy REDnesday,
Carol

W. Latane Barton said...

Oh my word, I made one of those hats for a pinholder back in the year... hmmm, let's see 1920. just kidding. I'm not that Old, I don't think. hehe

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

Love all your pretty red finds !

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Those candlesticks are to die for!!

Hugs,
Debbie

SueLovesCherries said...

Great finds! That potholder is so unique.

BARB WYMAN said...

I have a whole set of those japan red rose buds service
of salt and pepper shakers
a small basket looking thing and a sugar bowl with the lid
do you know anything more about these
age etc
there just marked Japan

Farm Girl Pink... said...

I don't know much about them. They were most likely plentiful. I have seen more of them in my adventures. With different color roses.