Tuesday, February 28, 2012

~Lefton.... the wonderful lady head vases...

I have posted her picture before... but I never really talked about her. So lets meet Pink Lady head vase.
So pretty. I wished her red lips were mint.... but it does not stop her from being fabulous.

This charming Pink lady was made by Lefton's. Which I tend to have a soft spot for the Lefton china collectibles.
There is a version of this lady in turquoise. And it is gorgeous. I wish I had brought it when I saw it years ago.
These used to be plentiful at the antique malls. (I swear eBay killed off so many antique malls.) There would be booths filled with nothing but Lefton's lady head vases. Kinda of creepy to see.... a couple hundred of these girls staring out at you. But they tend to be damaged easily and I prefer to buy them in person. Versus buying from eBay. 

1 comment:

Liz said...

I can imagaine that a row of these would look a bit spooky! Unusual.
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger