Wednesday, February 08, 2012

~Farm Animals that live in my Kitchen....

I am not crafty. I can sew enough to repair items. And I can embroider enough to do repairs on old linens. But I can not do truly crafty things. 

Like crochet. Wonderful vintage crochet items, is a favorite of mine.
And I flat out adore these crochet chickens. The smaller yellow chick with the pink trim is vintage. I bought her still stuffed with old cotton crammed in her.
The larger yellow chicken... has a blue plastic Easter egg, helping her hold her shape.
Then I have my darling Cow. Her name is Hattie.
Hattie is made with material that is a heavy cotton. A lot like medium density denim. Which was hand dyed using tea bags. Then the black spots were hand drawn on. She is packed full of cotton. And is still very stiff to the touch.
I realize no female enjoys having a picture of her butt splashed all over the internet. But I wanted to show off her braided tail with the tiny bow.

2 comments:

Liz said...

They are gorgeous, especially the cow - so unusual!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Laurel Leaf Cottage said...

I love your chickens!!! They are soo cute!! I love anything handmade, and you can't go wrong with chickens...or any animal for that matter!! Your little Hattie is very sweet too!! =) Deanna