Sunday, January 15, 2012

My weekly random thrift store finds... and my new Pyrex book!

Oh I feel so smart. I received my new Pyrex book from Amazon yesterday. I spent the better part of last night reading and lusting over the pictures. And since I have this brand spanking new book... I am able to ID this wonderful casserole I purchased this week. 

It is Colonial Mist. It even came with its lid too. Both in good shape. 

Next I have two clear mixing bowls. The sizes would be 401 and 402. They are the very common style of these bowls, that have been in use since the 1950's.  But I have no idea when the plain clear ones where issued. Maybe the 1970's?
Next I have two Butterfly Gold cups. These are marked Corelle. And I have no idea what year they were issued. But I fondly recall my Mother having the same style of cups, in Spring Blossom, in her kitchen when I was a child. It was what I like to use when serving pudding.
And I can't believe I willingly purchase ANYTHING in the color of harvest gold. Seriously. It is a new for me. I have never been a fan of harvest gold. But I liked the butterfly in the design. So they came home with me.

Then I found these coral color trimmed platters at my favorite sketchy Dallas thrift store. That just happen to match the luncheon plate I had bought over a month ago. I guess I missed them being there when I bought the luncheon plate. Both are made of the heavy china/cafe dinner ware china.
I am hoping to make a trip back into Grayson County this week, to hit up their thrift stores. 

Be sure to take a peek at all the other thrift finds at Her Library Adventures! 
http://herlibraryadventures.blogspot.com/2012/01/flea-market-finds_15.html

3 comments:

Elethea said...

gotta love the vintage pyrex!!!

Liz said...

Love those plates - great find!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

SixBalloons said...

Don't you love Amazon? It seems like just yesterday you were saying you were ordering the book. Sounds like a great resource!