Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Lot's of Redness! Fire King - The Tulips & The Dots!

Oh, the joy of finding something odd. What this is, was the paper insert, that was placed in the bottom of the Fire King Splash Proof bowls. 

When I purchased my Fire King black dot bowls, they were still in their original box. With this insert still residing in the bottom of the splash proof bowl. And it has manage to survive up till now, living with me.
I have purchased both sets of these Dot bowls in red and black. I have the mixing bowls, grease jar w/lid and the salt and pepper shakers. But through my own fault, I can not manage unearth all the pieces, to each set, at the same time.
But I did manage to locate the red Tulip bowls and their matching shakers at the same time!
But for the life of me... I still have not located my Fire King red dot bowls. And it is starting to annoy me.
So my red dot shakers are having to pose with the black dots instead. 

Be sure to check out all the great Red fun at Sue Loves Cherries!
http://suelovescherries.blogspot.com/2012/01/rednesday_24.html

11 comments:

Mecky said...

I hope that you find your red dot bowls, soon. I have only one. It belonged to a dear friend's mother. I also have her tulip bowl. I could never part with them unless my friend decides that she wants them back, It would be hard, but they were her mothers.

I hope that you share a picture as soon as you find them!

DearHelenHartman said...

Those bowls are so fab that I instantly had to follow your blog because I MUST know if you find more. I have a couple red dots and a tulip and a whole lot more, who knew they would be so addictive? I especially loved seeing the original label.

LV said...

You really have a nice collection of the Pyrex bowls. I have a few. I think I have one with the red dots.

Jann Olson said...

Oh girl, you stole my heart. I love polka dots! Those bowls and shakers are so dotty cute. The tulips are pretty cute too, but the dotty's have my head in a whirl!
Hugs,
Jann

Vintage Hunter said...

I hardly ever see red dot bowls (and never in good condition.) I had to gather my collection on ebay.

Sally Annie Magundy said...

What a great collection you have. Love the old packaging wording! "Splash proof" and "a joy to use"!

Happy Rednesday!

SharonLou said...

I have a Tulip bowl, & salt and pepper shakers, but no dots!! I'm green with envy over all your various dots bowls!! :)

Laurel Leaf Cottage said...

I love your polka dot pyrex!!! I have a few pink pieces, but no polka dots!

suzieQ said...

Hey farm girl pink,
I was just reading a mess of your posts, thanks for introducing Jack Cat, he sounds like my old cat, Ernie. He followed me around and used to show off, climbing trees if I was walking through the yard with someone. I am LOVING most of your finds and wish I could come down and shop with you, though I think we would be grabbing the same things. :)

SueLovesCherries said...

I so hope you find the red bowl. A lot of the fun and satisfaction is in the hunt! Good luck!

Kitty Glitter said...

I have your Red Dot bowls...Do you ever get out to Arizona?