Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Just a couple of brooches....

I really do love cute brooches. They can perk me up on a cold morning, just seeing a bright pretty one pinned to my coat.
I am not doing a very good job of getting the green one to show in the best light. It is really a pretty vibrant green. But my pictures are making it look more blue.
I wish I still had all the ones that were given to me as a small child... my great Aunt had given me a box filled with them. Sadly, none of them survived. But I suspect that is when my interest in them developed.

4 comments:

Hello Vintage said...

I love a cute brooch also however I don't wear them that often. These two are lovely.

Deana said...

I have some really old ones that were passed down but have never worn them. I never thought about putting one on my coat for some reason. Off to dig one out....thanks!

suzieQ said...

What is the name of the lovely, 50's style kitty cat in your blog? I would love to find one!

Farm Girl Pink... said...

The kitten on the side bar is a Holt Howard kitten shaker. She is part of a salt and pepper set. I didn't photograph the one with the blue collar. But they are common and easy to find. And so so cute!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313&_nkw=holt+howard+kitten+shaker&_sacat=See-All-Categories