Monday, January 30, 2012

Charming cups... Taylor, Smith & Taylor....

I consider these to be the perfect size cup. I use them constantly. And they are the perfect size to have on hand for dipping. I am one of those girls who hate to have gravy poured all over my food. I want my gravy on the side... in its own bowl. So I can dip at my leisure. Hence my love for these bowls.
I also use them as my tester bowl, as I am cooking soup, chili or a pot of beans. I am constantly testing the pot for taste, as it cooks. This is the bowl I will use through the cooking process.
I have the same kind of bowl in my beloved Shenango pink. But they (Shenango) are nearly impossible to find. 

So I started buying these TS&T bowls to have for dinner use. I had intentions of only going to buy the pink ones. But then I saw this amazing turquoise bowl this last week. And decided I needed some turquoise love for the cabinet.
TS&T is also known as Taylor Smith & Taylor. Who made an incredible amount of amazing dinnerware.  There is tons of it for sale on eBay.
These charming bowls were made in the full rainbow of colors. So you can find them to match any decor. 

To see my other finds from the week... look here....  

And be sure to check out all the great finds at ~~Apron Thrift Girl!

8 comments:

MyFancy's Author said...

Beautiful bowls... love the colors!

Jeanne said...

I use my small dipping bowls all the time. Sometimes I put the dinner veggie in it when it's drippy like spinach (no matter how much you drain...) I love yours!! So different! My fav color combo is pink and aqua. It has been since I was a kid.

Omi S. and her dog, Bender Oak Cannon said...

Oh wow, I love these. so ornate! I've recently become very found of turquoise, but pink always has a place in my heart! Found you off of Thrift Share Monday.

leah - moxiethrift on etsy said...

love that size of dish too. those usually get used first. and the blue corning ware is so classically wonderful.

suzieQ said...

Since I've started thrifting, I have found that there are certain pieces that I use daily. Old spoons that have become my go to silverware, certain bowls that have the best shape for soup, or a small dish that is just right for a snack. I have found some pieces with the same design but not small bowls. Something to be on the lookout for, oh fun!

scott7258 said...

Love your blog and your taste in your finds - kitchen stuff has been my favorite for > 30 years of collecting. I live in NE Dallas, so I really enjoy reading about your thrifting and "flea-ing". CUTE bowls!!!! Mary @->>--

Brent Larimer said...

Do you find all of your pieces thrifting?

Farm Girl Pink... said...

Do I find all my kitchen stuff by thrifting? I wish I could. But no.

I do most of my buying from estate sales/garage sales... and a couple pricey antique malls.

I have two particular thrift stores, I have had decent luck with finding Corelle and Corningware by thrifting. But neither one of those stores are near me.

One is way over in southern Dallas. And the other in Grayson County.