Monday, December 19, 2011

It's the Pink Princess!

Of course I own the original Princess. The Pink Princess rotary style circa 1967. I always wanted this phone as a young girl. But I ended up with a white Princess rotary instead... in my childhood bedroom. Which I still have that white phone, stashed somewhere in my bedroom closet.

As much as I love this pink princess. I really need a phone with caller ID. So I purchased a "Hello Kitty!" phone to keep the Princess company. I believe my Kitty phone is probably 14 years old by now. 

But the ringer on the kitty phone is much gentler than the one on the original princess. The ringer in the princess... could wake the dead. It is heart stopping loud. So I had my Daddy snip that wire after it scared the hell out of me a couple times.
Now the circle of Bell phones would not be complete.... without showing you my prize possession.... my Pink Princess push button trimline style phone. The one with the dial pad in the handset. Oh how I adore the phone. It is all original. And the ringer has a volume slide switch on the bottom of the base to control how loud it can be.
And honestly I hate talking on cordless phones or cell phones... I want to talk on a phone that has nice crisp volumes. Without static, interference and plain ole dropped connections that all cordless/cell phones do!

Be sure to check out all the great links at.....

http://apronthriftgirl.typepad.com/apron_thrift_girl/2011/12/thrift-shar-monday-my-christmas-wish.html


Also check out all the great links at.....

http://www.homemakeronadime.com/2011/12/creative-bloggers-party-hop-121811.html

5 comments:

Apron Thrift Girl said...

In all my years of thrifting I've yet to find a beautiful princess phone. I've come across a couple but they either were damaged or badly discolored. I love your pink princess phone!

Farm Girl Pink... said...

I actually bought it off eBay. Back when I got my first computer. Way back in the 1990's.

And even then... I had to pay 50.00 to get it. Plus the postage. Which was nearly another ten dollars.

Both phones actually weight alot. They are like fancy pink bricks actually.

Paulette said...

This post brought a smile and many good memories of the princess phone. ♥

The Joyful Thrifter said...

I BOUGHT THAT SAME PHONE RECENTLY!!! Oh it was so much fun!!! Love all of your pones!

Smiles,
The Joyful Thrifter

SixBalloons said...

Oh wow, pink loveliness!