Saturday, November 12, 2011

How Pink is my kitchen.....

Just to be clear... pink Kitty is judging you.... for not having enough pink in your kitchen. 

I have been buying the pink since around 1990. When I first started coming across wonderful things in the antique malls...


I actually started this set of dinnerware, by Shenango, with a 4 piece place setting for 4 people. It was a random purchase from a small sale in Oklahoma. 

So here is a picture of my daily dinnerware.
Yep, that is a eight piece place setting. The brand is Shenango China. And this pattern hit the shelf in the mid 1950's.

My collection has 4 different type's of bowls. Cereal bowl with the gray and pink ring, the small shallow bowl with the rings... then the two solid pink bowls. Which I have upside down. 

Then there are the dinner plate, bread plate and the saucer with the rings. Plus a pink coffee cup.

These are wonderful dishes. They were intended to be used in diner's/cafe's. And they are made of  heavy china. Very hard to chip. But they will break a toe, if you drop a plate on your foot. 

Did I mention I have platter's too?
Yes, I realize it is a sickness. But this pattern still turns up in antique stores every now and then.  And if I see it. I buy it.

Oh and here is the sugar bowl. I still don't have the pink creamer. The pink kitty at the top of the page... she is from Holt Howard. And she is part of a salt and pepper set. 

Be sure to take a peek at ~The Tablescaper!

4 comments:

Protector of Vintage said...

Oh, I'm jealous! What a beautiful set!!

Charlene Austin said...

Love the dish set! I used to love pink and grey as a kid. I still remember feeling so cool wearing my grey Nikes with the pink swoosh.

Jill said...

This is so pretty!!

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

My kitchen is mostly red but I use pink melamine dishes in my craft room! ♥