Saturday, November 26, 2011

Cute things from the garage sales, flea markets and thrift stores... Oklahoma style...

Isn't that a gorgeous plate! What a perfect shade of turquoise. The maker of the bread plate is Syracuse China. It is more of the heavy china/cafe dishes that I adore. (As if I need to start with a new pattern.)

I spent holiday in Southern Oklahoma hitting up the open markets/sales. Which were scatter everywhere. With the weather having been mild here all week in North Texas meant it was mild in Southern Oklahoma too. Yea! And my antique dealing Aunt, she had a list of places to visit. So I came back home with all kinds of things. Like that lovely turquoise bread plate. 

I should mention it had a few friends too. So I have 6 of the bread plates... along with these... 
Yes, I found these turquoise dinner plates too. So add another 6 dinner plates to the head count. I know I had no business buying them. But they were sooo pretty. I just could not leave them behind.
Oh yea.... I bought more stuff.... more pink and turquoise. I swear I hardly have any room left in my cabinets. So keep watch for updates for the other stuff I purchase! I got a few things to share, this weekend. 

I have the blue and pink bowl here:
http://farmgirlpink.blogspot.com/2011/11/cutest-bowls.html

3 comments:

Yana said...

beautiful plates, the colour is lovely and nice pattern too :)

sue said...

I love the way you are collecting in colour ways! They all look so good together!

Jem said...

Colour co-ordinated collecting?! Well that's fairly inspired actually! :-) The bowls are catching my eye!

Jem xXx