Monday, November 21, 2011

Cute things from the garage sales and thrift stores... part 2

Oh... look what I purchased this morning! A truly lovely Chenille full size bedspread. 

It was at a thrift store near my parents home. I went in early as they were stocking and caught a glimpse of it. Normally and sadly... these are cutters. But not this one! It is in wonderful shape. 
Here it is sitting with my favorite pink quilt, whom took time out of his busy day, to model with my new Chenille.

Purchase price: $15.00

Next as I was wandering in the homeware's area.... I picked up this wonderful pink glass bowl. It looks a lot like my Moderntone.... but I don't know if it is actually part of the line from Hazel Atlas. 
The bowl's color looks even to the naked eye. But dang it, the camera makes it look uneven. Ugh. It is still pretty. And I am still thrilled with it. 


Purchase price: $1.50

My pictures of my pink Moderntone: 
http://farmgirlpink.blogspot.com/2011/11/moderntone-dinner-ware-more-hazel-for.html

3 comments:

Jill said...

You sure are lucky to find so many pink treasures!!!

Amy @MaisonDecor said...

Oh you got a great spread!! How pretty is that?

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Oh my! I've never seen a chenille in a pattern like that! Lucky you and what a score!

I bought an all white popcorn chenille over the summer and I just love it but it about puts my back out when I make the bed with it! It's soooo heavy! Oh and how kind of your quilt to model for you. ;)