Sunday, November 20, 2011

Before the pink took over.... I had a thing for green and yellow.

I still love these. It was the first legit pattern I collected and used as daily dishes. This is the china/pottery? pattern named "Mildred". And was once very plentiful in the local antique stores. Of course this was back in the mid-late 1980's. The last time I came across any of it in a antique store, the prices were ridiculous. I have not bought any of it in ages. 
And once upon a time I constantly came across small pottery bowls. Cheap. So I have 4 of each of these styles. Then at one point in the early 1990's the price of old pottery got grossly over priced. Still is over priced. haha! I never did buy the normal dinner plates for this Mildred pattern. I only have platters and serving bowls.

And like an idiot. I always put them in the dishwasher. And the majority of the gold painted trim is long gone.

No comments: