Sunday, October 23, 2011

Vintage Kitchens...


I love this kitchen. This is my great Aunt Phenie's kitchen. Isn't that two tone paint job wonderful.  She was a lady who took great pride in her home. This is Phenie...


She made gorgeous linens and I love seeing her linen towels hanging in my own kitchen.  Matter of fact my header picture... showing the flower basket... is a piece of her work.





But I have to be honest, I am very thankful for my electric stove. I bet that beauty in her kitchen was a hot one to cook on.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Welcome to the world of blogging - I have been writing mine for a few months - hope you'll check it out http://jillslittlebit.blogspot.com

Love your posts - I just started collecting Pyrex a year ago - oh, my, it's addicting!!!

Wouldn't that be a fun kitchen to sit in - I'm sure you have many memories of it - like you said, our modern stoves are keepers, wouldn't want to go back to all of the old fashioned ways!